CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

13 August 2009

TMI Thursday - Tidal Wave

Hold on to your hats, ladies and gentlemen. It's time for LiLu's TMI Thursday!

TMI Thursday



(This is really gross. I'm just going to warn you now. It still makes me puke in my mouth a little. I don't think I've ever actually managed to tell this story in its full glory. Please don't hate me.)

I used to work retail. A lot of retail. My services (hehe) have graced establishments such as Sam Goody, American Eagle Outfitters, Lids (the baseball cap store), and some shoe store in a horrible outlet mall where I swear they just used a dump truck to dump all the shoes in there without a concern about having them in pairs. Ugh.

But possibly my worst retail experience was at Kohl's. I don't know if you have them where you live, but they're a discount-ish department store, kind of like Target, but without the groceries.

My title? Department Supervisor of the Lingerie Department. Sounds sexy, right? No.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble here, boys, but WOMEN ARE NASTY. Okay, not all of us are nasty, but the nasty ones more than make up for any nastiness lost by us normal girls.

Basically, it was my job to make sure that all the bras and panties and sexy nighties and pajamas found their homes on hangers and that all the dressing rooms were clean. By the way, I wouldn't hang up a bra now if you paid me money to do it (I probably would).

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't try on underwear. I know what size I wear and I buy that size. If I get it home (wash it) and try it on and it doesn't fit, well, I'm just out that money. Not all women feel this way.

NOTE: If you're a woman and you're reading this, when you buy underwear WASH IT BEFORE YOU PUT IT ON. Trust me on this one.

I had to keep a stash of gloves in my little podium because I was constantly finding tried-on underwear in the dressing room. AND I'M NOT TOUCHING THAT WITH MY BARE SKIN. Gross.

Then I started finding dirty, used, pre-owned underwear in the dressing rooms with the empty hangers from the brand-new, clean(ish) underwear that had been stolen.

The last straw?

I walked into the dressing room and was hit with a wave of stench in the air. I gagged and walked back out. But really, no one was going to deal with whatever it was but me. So I trudged back in. One by one, I opened the dressing rooms and peeked in. Expecting to find some small, dead mammal. Oh, how I would have preferred that to what I actually found in the last stall.

It seems the last woman in the dressing room was having a visit. From her Aunt Flow. A really really really really really big visit. Like someone climbed up into her uterus and used a Samurai sword to shred it big one.

In the dressing room, I found her underwear, which was soaked clean through. Her used tampon. And her old, worn, and...distinctly-more-red-than-anything-else pants. And a GIANT red spot on the carpet.

She had taken clothes and underwear from various departments and apparently decided that my dressing room was the place to change.

I nearly puked, turned, and ran. I found my manager and explained. I was told that I needed to start cleaning it up. I quit.

25 comments:

Lucia said...

I can't believe someone would actually do that...gross! Poor you!

Organic Meatbag said...

Ho-ly Shittttttttt...
I am now reconsidering lunch...

Graygrrrl said...

It's startling how often this occurs. When I worked in large Department stores, you always heard about used underwear, feminine products, and diapers in the dressing rooms. There are even people who seem to confuse the dressing room with the rest room (if you get my drift). People are disgusting.
Which leads to my story: I worked for Clinique at Macy’s (not the best Macy’s but very busy and productive non the less). Anyway, I’m at my counter doing paperwork when the manager of Benefit comes up to me clearly having kittens. Apparently, he was doing a make over on 2 women while one of their kids played on the floor. He couldn’t speak, only point in the general direction of his bay. When I walked around, I found the child on the floor playing in it’s own feces. And if that’s not bad enough, the child had decided to share it with the side of my bay (my poor Stayfit Foundation!). Oh, it gets better! The women were still sitting there and asked if he could get back to their make up. Gross!! I saw them wondering around the store several hours later.
Poor kid.

rachaelgking said...

Oh my lord... @Graygrrrl, you need to start doing TMI Thrusdays...

Vom.

Melly Mel said...

Some girls are disgusting. I do the same as you, I wash and then try on.

Anonymous said...

WOW. As a male, I have nothing to say on this issue. I am taking my balls and going home now.

MJenks said...

Holy fuckshit. Use of the Samurai imagery made me laugh so hard, I almost piddled.

This could be one of the best stories I've read on the internet. Ever.

Cassie said...

Oh that is disgusting! I would have quit too!

Stevie said...

THAT is disGUSTING. Ewwwwwww!

And underwear is not the only thing that gets contaminated - a good friend of mine got mastitis from trying on bras. GROSS.

JLC said...

Women complain about dudes all the time, but some of the most horrific things I've seen in my life have been the product of a woman.

Chris Gooch said...

I actually have a funny story similar to this of mine own which you've just reminded me of after blocking out for so long! Damn you!

f.B said...

there are just some things you can't ask someone to do; at least not without offering promotions, huge salary increases, more vacation time and RUBBER GLOVES.

cleaning up that would be one of those things.

Joanna said...

Um, that story is exponentially more horrifying in print form than it was in person. Consider me impressed.

shine said...

Lucia: Yeah, it was DISGUSTING.

Organic Meatbag: I hope I made it up to you.

Graygrrrl: Wow. Ew. That is nasty. Feel free to start doing your own TMI Thursday posts!

LiLu: I'm not cleaning that up!

Life in the Cube: At this point, I wash about six times...

justjp: I didn't mean to hurt your balls.

the iNDefatigable mjenks: Hehe. Piddled.

Cassie: Ugh. I had no choice.

Stevie: Oh, believe me, I know. The lady who worked at Playtex had Plantars warts all over her hands and arms...and she only ever worked with bras. NASTY.

Kim: I've told this story a dozen times and I still threw up in my mouth a little when I typed it up.

Alice: Exactly!

Cardboard Sea: Agreed. Women are nasty. Men are nasty, too, but at least they don't bleed.

mysterg: Oops! Now you can tell it!

f.B: Yeah, they offered none of that. Not even the gloves. I requested a HAZMAT suit.

Joanna: Score!

Leigh said...

This reminds me of the time I spent managing an arcade at a theme park. Someone took a poo on the floor in the middle of the arcade. I called grounds and refused to touch it b/c it was hazardous material. Sorry you didn't have someone else to call!

Ashli said...

Wow. Just wow.

Once when I worked retail some kid shit on our floor.

It was awful.

Candace Maria said...

Oh.my.goodness.

That is horrific. I wonder where that women is right now....


Or what poor department store she is terrorizing.

Antje Spethmann said...

1. Underwear come in sealed plastic bags/containers (mine are from Costco). They still get washed... then worn... but the plastic still makes me feel a wee bit safer.
2. I worked as a life-guard and swimming instructor at my mom's tennis club... I will blog on this come Thursday.
3. I have purchased "sealed in plastic" underwear and a pair of pants during a lunch break and changed clothing in the bathroom at work on emergency occasions. Tho. usually I have extra of everything in one of my 3 gym bags - climbing, running/workout, biking.
4. I am always surprised how little socio-economic status really has to do with disgusting behavior when people think they can't get caught/found out.

Chrsitel said...

Yep. Worked at Meier & Frank (before it was Macy's)in Women's Designer Fashion. Right next to the Women's Restroom: junkies and just straight up ookiness! Women can be nasty! Ugh. Flashbacks.

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://iqalomoc.o-f.com/uduleh.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://byqicoze.freewebportal.com/katihi.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I started take up real income.
It's all about how to select a correct partner who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the profit with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I begin take up real income.
It gets down to choose a proper companion who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the income with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Now, I feel good, I started to get real income.
It gets down to choose a proper companion who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the income with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.saclvfrs.com]Louis Vuitton Boutique[/url]Louis Vuitton Pas Cher[/url]Louis Vuitton Homme[url=http://www.saclvfrs.com]sac louis vuitton[/url] [url=http://www.louisvuittonpascher2.fr]Louis Vuitton sac[/url] vtsmlw