CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

17 July 2009

It's Friday, we should break up - Life

So, not only have I already screwed up my flights for my vacation (meaning I get less time with my friends in Denver and New Mexico), but yesterday (while I was spending a lovely day with my head in the toilet), I found out that my housing arrangements in Seattle next week have fallen through.

The Mole and her boyfriend just moved to Seattle, and I was supposed to stay with them. As payment, I was going to help them unpack! I'm so giving.

Yesterday, The Mole sent me an email saying that actually, their movers are going to be nearly a week late, and won't arrive until the end of my trip. So while they have an apartment, they don't have any stuff.

She asked if there were any way that I could move my trip. But I'm leaving in like 36 hours. And it was already a nightmare trying to schedule this trip with so many people.

I know it's not her fault, and I'm certainly not blaming anyone for this unfortunate turn of events. I just wish I had more than 36 hours to financially plan for an extra $600 (at least) in hotel costs for the trip. If I hadn't scheduled with so many people, I'd just see if I could cancel the whole thing. And trying to deal with all of this while puking my guts up is less than fun.

So, Life? I'm breaking up with you a little. But I feel like this will be one of those short, high school style breakups in which we get back together in a few hours when I feel less stressed and ill.

13 comments:

Graygrrrl said...

You should just grab a sleeping bag and protect their empty apartment from squatters. Or better yet, become a squatter and refuse to move out once they get there. Or, you could sell yourself on the mean streets of Seattle for hotel money. I'm pretty sure that's the best bet

rachaelgking said...

Wait, if they have the apartment... couldn't you just stay in it without furniture? Or is that weird?

Anonymous said...

Sucky.

Feel better.

Jay Ferris said...

Don't worry, life is in a constant state of suspension up here in Seattle. You'll be so drunk it's like you won't even exist!

Alice said...

i'd totally go the creepy sleeping bag route, too. $600 is A LOT.

Grace said...

eeek... sorry dude. I'd find a red roof inn or something super cheap =/

BTW your hair color in that pic is FANTASTIC! FABULOUS actually =)

PorkStar said...

Things have a tendency to turn for the best in the end...

Joanna said...

If you're sick and want to/can cancel, don't worry about those of us you've made plans with! I want to see you, but I don't want you to be stressed about it.
How many days are you staying in Seattle? $600? Yeowch.

Travis said...

I gots a cousin in Seattle. Don't really know if they'd house you. Wouldn't that be an odd conversation? Ummm... Yeah, I read her blog, and she needs a place to stay...

Amy said...

It's really late...and I've had jello shots... but I hope you feel better and you should totally just camp in the apartment. It's not like you don't camp, anyway. If that's not an option - We boring blokes here in the DF Dub will be happy to keep you here and (marginally) entertained! *Hugs and Ginger Ale*

Chris Gooch said...

Do they not have a bathtub you can sleep in?

Chris Gooch said...

Oh and hope you feel better soon!

repliderium.com said...

If it's just going to be a short break up- don't rip up the love notes......
ps- HOSTEL!!!!! They're dirt cheap and really- what more do you need than a bed?