CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

04 December 2008

Resolution Time

It may be a little early, but I’m starting on my New Year’s Resolution list now. Normally, I don’t really make New Year’s resolutions because I think they’re a waste of time. No one actually does anything on the list, right?

So I probably won’t either. But I’m making one anyway. And it starts with this:

I’m tired of getting hurt. In the coming year, it is my resolution to become less emotionally available.

I’m tired of backing down. In the coming year, I will be more aggressive.

I’m tired of being a doormat. In the coming year, I will be more of a bitch.

I’m tired of hearing “I dunno.” In the coming year, I will ask fewer questions.

I’m tired of living in fear of stupid shit. In the coming year, I will be brave.

That’s all I can come up with so far*. I encourage everyone to start their resolution list today! Hey, maybe I’ll even start living up to mine early.

*Of course, I also want to lose 100 pounds, write a book, travel, go running five days a week, join a gym, actually go to the gym I join, pay off any debts I may have, get a better job, go back to school, never ever eat chocolate or drink soda again, make more friends, try new things, volunteer at least once a month, be a better person, and have a spiritual epiphany**.

**I don’t really want to have a spiritual epiphany. I was having a Bridget Jones moment. Now my wobbly bits are revolting. If only could choose the way fat was arranged under skin. Quite nice. Byeeee!

5 comments:

Jane Dough said...

You want to lose 100 pounds? And you think I'm warped? Um, no.

shine said...

Not literally! Geez. But people always make outrageous resolutions.

If I aim for 100 and only come out having lost 25, what's the harm? ;)

Killer B said...

So in a nut shell, it is your intention to be more emotionally vacant, aggressive, short tempered, belligerent, self-assured and cocky? So basically, you are planning on turning into a man, right? HAHAHAHAHA!!!

(I tactfully left the weight thing out of this - upon changing genders you will quickly realize that as a man: We don't really give a shit about how we look. Goes to being emotionally vacant, aggressive, short tempered...etc. :D

Jason Harx said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
shine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.