CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

03 December 2009

Twitter just scared me. A lot.

So okay, yeah, I know...it's TMI Thursday. And you should really go look at LiLu's TMI Thursday Post Secret blahbadies. Like now. I'll wait.

I actually did have a TMI story all ready to write up today, but...then I decided to search for something on Twitter. And my mind has been blown. In a bad way.

Shot through the brain! And you're to blame. Twitter, you give the English Language a bad name.

Okay, I think I'm done with my Bon Jovi moment of the morning.

I've been thinking to myself (because really who else hears me when I think?), "Self, there must be a better way to googly chat on your phone than this really stupid Google Talk application that shuts off every time you close the window. I mean, people out there are clever. They must have come up with something."

And then Jenn over at You'll Grow to Love Me (WHAT? You're not reading her stuff? GO READ IT NOW. I'll wait...again.) tweeted a little somethin' somethin' about downloading an application called BeeJive. Hmmmm...

Then I promptly forgot all about it.

This morning, I remembered and looked to Twitter for advice. None was forthcoming, so I typed "BeeJive" into the search box.

Such a bad idea.

Here are some of the profiles that caught my eye:

ThaNiggaD

Favorite Tweet: Its crazy when u sellin drugs @ a yung age but u doin it n the wrong way! U gotta kno 2 hand off the right way!wtf I seen ur whole exchange

JAZZY_C0UTURE

Favorite Tweet: #twitterafterdark get me open while im cummin down ya throat and! U wna b my main squeeze nigga? dnt ya? Ya wanna lick btween my knees niqqa

DreyDayBaby

Favorite Tweet: @[some other twitterer] oh yea I feel u .. Your a junior rite? I'm at my cuzins job christmas party deep in da bx sumwhere lol

Patticakez

Favorite Tweet: #sidechickawareness you call him and he talking to you like u 1 of his boys then says aight my nigga ima call u later and hangs up lmfao

And my PERSONAL FAVORITE - Swaggz9mg

Favorite Tweet: Dis new ubertwitter app is iight I cud fuck wit it

I love that last guy because between all the horrid spelling and bizarre sentence structure, there's this tweet: Work is dead right now surprisingly.

That one tweet gives me hope that people actually DO know how to spell and make sentences. And then crashes me back to the ground when I realize that this means that they're just CHOOSING not to bother.

Sad Panda.

In other news, I think I'm going to go ahead and download BeeJive.

10 comments:

Phronk said...

These are amazing. Niqqa?

I read a study about this this once...it found no correlation between text messaging and English ability. They suggested that people really do know how to write properly, but they get creative and choose not to.

So I'll just believe that, because knowing that some people actually think like they write would just be terrifying.

carissajaded said...

I saw her tweet about Beejive and am very curious as well!!

As for the twitter users... I think I may have to follow them now. They seem quite entertaining!

Matt said...

Awesome.

rachaelgking said...

I'm so scared right now.

Hold me.

Mandy said...

i feel like i just crossed 7 mile.

Maryx said...

Ooooooohhhhh Noooooooo?!?!?!?

Seriously though, WTF is wrong with these people. Right there is one of the big reason I don't Tweet.

Urgh

Maryx said...

Ooooooohhhhh Noooooooo?!?!?!?

Seriously though, WTF is wrong with these people. Right there is one of the big reason I don't Tweet.

Urgh

Antelope said...

I've noticed this too! What amazes me is how many braincells it takes me to read that, which means that maybe it takes just as many to write that, which means that we could have had the cure for cancer, but people were figuring out new and creative ways to spell instead.

Zan said...

I'm disturbed by the overuse of the word "nigga".

jenniferalaine said...

Ahhh I just saw this and HOLY CRAP wtf? Talk about not having a good search feature... Haha and I refuse to follow anyone who writes things that are not spelled correctly -- I even yell at people when they text me using abbreviations! Grrr... ANYWAY. Did you download BeeJive? It's worked out pretty well so far for me, but I have to admit -- the Gchat app for my BlackBerry still wins.