CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

06 July 2009

If this is really a thing now, someone please just put me out of my misery.

I was really craving a soda this afternoon, so I hopped in my car and drove over to McDonald's.

While I was sitting in the drive-thru, waiting, I saw something I'll admit that I've never seen before. Good thing I had my camera ready, eh?



Okay, I lied. I couldn't get my phone out fast enough. So I used MS Paint to recreate the masterpiece for your viewing pleasure. Since I'm a terrible artist, I'll explain:

This girl coming out of the McDonald's was wearing a shower cap just perched on top of her head. A SHOWER CAP*.

And not even over her curlers. Just sitting there. On her head. Like Little Miss Muffet. At least, that's where I went with it. She was like a poor man's Little Miss Muffet. I think she was on her way to sit on her tuffet. What the hell's a tuffet?

Please tell me I'm not going to have to start wearing a shower cap perched on top of my head to fit in with the cool kids.

*Author's note: The shower cap was indeed bright blue. Why?

14 comments:

LBluca77 said...

Yes you are going to have to start wearing a shower cap to fit in with the cool kids. I jsut put one on so I too can fit in with them.

Phronk said...

Maybe she had some medical procedure done on her hair that would make it explode if it got wet or something.

Hey wait, what the hell is a tuffet?

Jay Ferris said...

Well, there are a lot of sudden downpours in Texas. That and people strung out on meth are fucking insane.

Alice said...

i refuse to be a part of a world where shower caps become fashion statements. I REFUSE.

PorkStar said...

A shower cap? WTF?!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I love stuff like this because I get to feel so superior to the trends that would be on the stupid side of cool. I agree with Alice. If that is what it takes to be cool then I will remain blessidly uncool and carry a sign proclaiming that.

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

if that shower cap helps her from getting her hair in my soda pop she can keep it on! ha

Jeff said...

since it's a blue shower cap, does that mean she has to fight people with red shower caps? and if so, is it like a musical gang fight with more dancing than knives?

Anonymous said...

First the snuggie - now shower caps? What is the world coming to?

Anonymous said...

Wiki says: "Tuffet, pouffe or hassock are all terms for a piece of furniture used as a footstool or low seat."

Pouffe? Really?

repliderium.com said...

Hmmm. My guess would be that the shower cap was a direct result of the crack she was on.

Antelope said...

Are you kidding? Shower caps are awesome! You never have to do your hair, plus, they come in many colors and patterns. This is the best idea since putting band-aids over your zits.

brandy said...

I'm using my veto power and vetoing shower caps as fashion accessories. It just... no. I am against this 100%.

shine said...

LBluca77: Let me know how it turns out.

Phronk: I kind of want my hair did like that. Explosions rock.

Jay Ferris: Whatchoo know about Texas? Yeah, you're pretty much right about the meth situation.

Alice: I'm right there with you.

PorkStar: That's what I was asking you!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness: I think you should make it a T-shirt.

alexa: That's a really good point.

Jeff: Yes and yes.

Courtney: Idiocracy, no?

peterdewolf: I'm going to use Pouffe in a sentence today. Done!

repliderium.com: Have I introduced you to my good friend Jay? See above. I think you two would get along swimmingly.

Antelope: Please send pics. ASAP.

brandy: I'm with you on this one. I just don't get it. Also, where do I get this veto power? Is it a superhero thing?