CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

11 June 2009

Closets & Basements

When I'm really down (or really up, for that matter), music really speaks to me. This song describes perfectly (and far better than I ever could) how I felt and feel about...well, everything. It brought tears to my eyes this weekend to think back on things and realize that over time, this song still feels like it's about me and only me.

It was written by Davida (Davi) Something That I Can't Remember (I looked! I can't find her) in a local band called Something Shiny that no longer exists. Music (that you can't hear) by Brian Davis.

Closets & Basements:

Been standing so long in this moment
It seems time's forgotten to move
I thought what I wanted was everything
Turns out all I needed was you.
In my life there is so much that's common
The rest is what you do
How can you blame me for bein' so crazy to live for these pieces of you?
How can you blame me for bein' so crazy to live in this memory around you?

I'm tired of lookin' in mirrors
And knowing the parts you can't see
I've never believed that I'm perfect,
But I just might be everything you'll ever need.
In your eyes, I can see every faith
That I've ever had in me.
How can you blame me for being so crazy to live in this place that you would leave?
How can you blame me for being so crazy to live for your return to me?

Been trying so hard to move forward
To swallow my heart, hold it all in.
It gets harder to keep on believing
Until you're finally convinced you never did.
Over time I've turned longing and anger into
Something's wrong with me.
How can you blame be for being so crazy to give away hope meant for me?
How can you blame me for being so crazy to live in this place called empty?

A year and a half and I'm finished
Completed my trip, I'm back home.
I've cleaned out the closets and basements
And counted only things that are my own.
All this time to learn one simple lesson
Your last gift, I cannot keep.
How can you blame me for being so crazy to rip off this blindfold to see?
How can you blame me for being so crazy to live past this blame-seed in me?
How can you blame me for being so crazy to live beyond you to love me?

0 comments: