CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

26 March 2009

The List

A couple of weeks ago, I was hanging out with one of my girlfriends. We were talking about breakups and such. Since I've been such a miserable bitch since my breakup...yeah. Anyway, she suggested that I make a list of the ways that I never want to feel in a relationship again. That is, should I ever bother to have another one.

So I'm making the list:

1. I will never again feel disrespected.
2. I will never again feel unimportant.
3. I will never again feel unappreciated.
4. I will never again feel like I can't or shouldn't be anything but myself.
5. I will never again feel like my feelings don't count or are stupid or wrong.
6. I will never again feel afraid to speak up or stand up for myself.

Now, the next time someone treats me like I don't matter, I will have the strength to walk away. There may be room for second chances, but they only come if they are deserved.

From now on, I will surround myself with people who love and care about me. People who treat me the way I should be treated. People who give as much or more than they take. People who don't think that taking the easy way out is the only answer.

My standards have been raised, for all relationships. Whether they are intimate or friendly or casual, I will only put my energy forth for those who are worth it. Because I am worth that much to me (insert L'Oreal commercial here).

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Shine on girl! These are important things! Too bad you live so far away, I have a nice brother... He's nerdy, but really nice! :)

shine said...

Hehe. I don't mind nerdy, but I do mind "lives far away." Besides which, the last thing I need is a boyfriend. Too much trouble. :-)