CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

23 November 2009

Cancellation feels pretty darn good.

I canceled my MySpace account today.

Let me say, though, that I probably hadn't logged in or used the thing since February, at least. I would have probably canceled sooner, but I couldn't remember my password. It came to me in a flash of brilliance and short-term memory this morning, so I took the plunge.

I know there are probably some friends that I only communicate with that way, which probably means I haven't talked to them in nearly a year. So I guess maybe we weren't very good friends, eh?

Canceling my MySpace account feels like permanently closing a door on a past I no longer care to contemplate. It's not about you, MySpace friends. I assure you. If I remember who you are, I'm sure I love you dearly.

I would say you should look me up on Facebook, but I barely use that. What can I say? Follow me on Twitter. Occasionally, my head finds its way out of my ass and I tweet something. Sometimes it's even funny. No promises, though.

So long MySpace. I doubt I'll miss you.

Oh, and Princess and I went to see Bob Saget on Saturday night. He wasn't really as funny as I might have hoped. And I love Bob Saget. The problem, I think, is that he's Bob effing Saget, so he doesn't have to bother to write material any more. He just says whatever comes to mind, with a healthy dose of curse words and a foul mouth. My thought for a good half of his act? I'm funnier than that (okay, maybe not today, shut up)...

That's not a good sign, Bob. Pull it together.

It didn't help that the people sitting in the row with us each individually climbed over us to take a piss/get a drink/smoke/have sex in the bathroom three to four times (there were four of them). The rows at House of Blues are so tiny that there's literally no way to get out of the way without standing up. So every five to ten minutes, we were having to stand up to let these people by. Until the fourth or so time...then we just sat there and let them struggle. And seriously...DON'T touch me. If you can't hold your pee for an hour and a half, I have no sympathy for you. None. And if you know you have a bladder problem or are just completely obnoxious and rude, please...get an aisle seat.

The guy who opened up for Bob, though? He had me doubled over and unable to breathe in all the right ways. Ryan Stout? Call me.

10 comments:

Organic Meatbag said...

I'd look you up on Facebook, but I don't think looking up "Shine" will yield any fruitful results...

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

i deleted mine a little under a year ago - it was an amazing feeling!

PQ said...

I still have my Myspace...I was going to delete it...but I'm glad I didn't because a friend I lost touch with found me on there.

I never sign on there...maybe once a month but the day I delete that account maybe the day I finally grow up.

carissajaded said...

I have been meaning to cancel my myspace, but I don't think i know how... I don't even use the email that I started it with.. and I think I have to have access to it?

That's awesome that you went to see Bob Saget. Not awesome that he is unfunny... I've never been to HOB when there have been seats, but I don't imagine it would be very comfortable...

Meg Kathleen said...

I don't really find Bob Saget funny either. I think he's funny the first few times you hear him because he curses so much, but that gets old fast.

justjp said...

I am ready to delete my entire on-line existence most days.

sid said...

I can't remember my MySpace Account password either.

Oh and I always taking the aisle seat JUST in case I do need the toilet DURING a movie/show.

Margaret Benbow said...

Those people with the TWB (teeny weeny bladder) sit in the middle of the row on purpose. They're only PRETENDING to be there for the show. Actually they're sadists who enjoy torturing people by continually climbing/rolling,crawling over them. They do this on airplanes too.

Letterhead Printing | UPrinting.com said...

Well, maybe it was not a really great day for Bob Saget. It's hard to be funny sometimes, you know?

I've never signed-up for MySpace. The whole site is just a mess to look at.

Suburban Sweetheart said...

I haven't deleted mine - guess I'm not quite there yet...

I saw Bob Saget on campus a few years ago and I HATED it. I only paid $5 and it was STILL too much.